Thursday Bike Meet, Kempsey, Nr Worcester

Home Forums Meetings and events Thursday Bike Meet, Kempsey, Nr Worcester

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    elessimo
    Participant

Radar asked me to do a quick report on last Thursday’s Bike Nite (not to be confused with the Wednesday Bikernites….). Must be a masochist, as he missed it…..

Well yet another sunny evening saw about 270 bikes converge on Seaborne Leisure, Kempsey. As normal I glanced at a poor map at work and took the wrong road out of Tewkesbury: the resultant tour of Overbury, Kemerton, Eckington, Bredon, etc., was well worth the petrol…. Realising that I was approaching Evesham I just aimed at the top end of the Malvern Hills and soon enough I was being directed into the appropriate lane leading to the meet.
    That’s one thing the Thursday version excels at: the marshalling. And the cheeseburgers and Doombar (£3 each) hit the mark.

P1080521_zpsx6awpjal.jpg
    Filled the carpark….

Thursday meets seem to be smaller than their Wednesday counterparts (this was a very good turnout according to the friendly organiser), attracting more younger bikers and more tattooed brothers (& sisters). But all very chatty and interesting.
    These meets are good fun and a good number of riders go to all the Wednesday and Thursday ones; I try to go whenever a rainstorm is not predicted – so far I’ve missed getting wet but I’m sure that won’t last. But hey, it’s only water! ::)

P1080515_zps5dj9auvz.jpg
    No queue for burgers…

Met an old mate, Triumph Mike, and chatted to the driver of an old 3-wheeler Morgan and the creator of that long-forked Blade-engined special amongst others….

P1080518_zpssof5ptog.jpg
    1936 and still going – sounded luvverly….

P1080519_zpsiakxowhf.jpg
    Apparently it steers really well…..

P1080517_zpsc0mthvpr.jpg
    It takes all types….

P1080516_zpsozumoidu.jpg
    Then the lower campsite started filling up

P1080522_zpshp2gpatc.jpg
    Good natter with a couple of Storm owners

P1080523_zpsjyut42fn.jpg
    Best bike there!

The route home – Worcester ring-road, Malvern, Ledbury, Ross – was almost traffic-free and bathed in red sunlight: glorious.  8)

Radar

Thanks for the pictures, I was rather gutted to miss out, the joys of working late. I WILL make one of these meets!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.